Lead the IT support function through an exciting period of change as we upgrade our systems while also ensuring the continued smooth running of services for local and remote members of our growing team.
Salary: £33,000 to £40,000 per annum
Hours: 35 per week, some out of office hour's work will be required
Holiday: 25 days per annum plus statutory holidays
Location: South West London (Central Office is based in Mortlake - 12 mins from Clapham Junction and 23 mins from Waterloo). Occasional travel across the UK, including occasional overnight trips.
Missing People is on the Sunday Times "100 Best Not-for-profit Organisations to Work for" List 2016 and offers the below benefits:
- Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service*
- Company pension contribution
- Life insurance (3 x salary)*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) including 24/7 support helpline
- Interest-free Season Ticket Loans*
- Additional maternity pay and leave*
- Additional paternity pay*
- Additional sick pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
* available after probation period passed.
About Missing People
Our Vision is that every missing person is found safe.
We are a non-judgemental, highly skilled team of staff and volunteers working around the clock for everyone who needs us. We provide free 24 hour confidential support, help, advice by phone, email, text and online, including the opportunity to reconnect. We also coordinate a UK wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 250,000 people who go missing each year.
Missing People is an independent charity that relies on donations.
IT Support Manager - (Windows/~Echange/Active Directory/Officer 365)
Missing People, a well-established national charity, based in South West London is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking IT Support Manager join its team. In this varied role you will play a key role in the operational and strategic function of the organisation. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all IT systems for the company.
This is very much a hands-on role where you will be required to provide 1st, 2nd & (desirable) 3rd line technical support for all user and system issues covering both software and hardware technologies.
As the IT Support Manager, as well as being a hands-on technician, you will have experience of managing service delivery by external support companies. The Charity currently has an external support provider to assist with 3rd line escalations and to provide support out of normal office hours.
The Charity has recently undergone a full IT strategic review and you will be key in assisting with the implementation of improvements / recommendations. There are a number of projects that are being planned and it is highly desirable that the IT Support Manager has experience of the full project lifecycle fro requirements gathering to commissioning.
Closing date: 5.00 pm 23rd March 2018
First Interviews: Telephone Interview to be arranged with candidate
Second Interviews: TBA
Start date: May / June 2018
- A full CV;
- A supporting statement (maximum 2 pages) that demonstrates how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification. This statement is crucial to help us consider you for the role, so don't forget to address each criterion in the person specification and specifically highlight any relevant experience and skills you have, and why you want to work at Missing People;
- A completed Equal Opportunities Form.
Please be aware
- Applications that don’t match the above requirements will not be accepted.
- If you haven’t heard from us by the date of the first interview then unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful.
- No agency applications or calls will be accepted.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.