Our team of expert consultants can work with you to help tackle local professional challenges when responding to missing adults and children, and their families. In 2019, we reached over 2,400 professionals across the UK through bespoke consultancy and training, conferences, multi-agency workshops and e-learning packages, grounded in the experiences of people who are affected by missing. We work with police, local authority leads and front-line local authority practitioners, Health, Education, and the voluntary sector.
What we can help with
- Reduce local numbers of repeat missing incidents, and the harm linked to missing
- Build on local, multi-agency policies and protocols to effectively respond to and support missing persons and their families
- Increase local skills and knowledge to improve the impact of missing response and support services
- Develop and build on good practice, informed by insight from across the UK
- Provide a voice for missing persons and their families
What it might look like
- Developing effective local, multi-agency responses to missing persons through reviewing local protocols and policies compared to good practice, and running workshops to clarify agencies’ roles and responsibilities
- Delivering effective safeguarding and support to reduce the harm linked to missing incidents through mapping local service provision, identifying gaps and working with you to identify local solutions
- Improving local professional, multi-agency knowledge of missing and related issues such as Child Criminal Exploitation, County Lines, Child Sexual Exploitation, mental health, and trafficking through e-learning, training workshops or seminars
- Improving skills and increasing local impact to deliver effective Return Home Interviews, Prevention Interviews/Safe and Well Checks through e-learning, training workshops, and webinars.
Why choose us
Our expertise comes from:
- Over 5 years’ experience delivering specialist consultancy and training to local agencies and partnerships across England, Wales, and Scotland
- Over 25 years of supporting missing people and families through our national helpline, publicity and family support services, and local services that aim to reduce harm linked to missing episodes
- Over 20 years of working in partnership with police forces and local authorities nationally, to help safeguard missing people and improve the response to missing persons and their families
- Over 10 years of supporting the development and review of national strategies, policies and guidance, working with the Home Office, Department for Education, National Police Chiefs Council and Scottish Government.
- Missing Children
- Child Exploitation
- Missing Adults
- Conducting effective Return Home Interviews (England & Wales)
- Conducting effective Return Discussions (Scotland)
- Conducting effective Safe and Well Checks
- Responding to children missing from care
All consultancy and training services can be designed in partnership to best fit the needs of your organisation, and local area.
Please get in touch to talk to us about your local needs. Following an assessment, we will send you a clearly costed proposal for how we can support you to tackle your challenges, including different options for you to choose from, and further information on the expertise of the team that would support you.Contact us