What you'd be doing
You would be offering vital emotional and practical support to people who are away from home and their loved ones who are left behind.
- No prior helpline experience required
- Good communication, empathetic and non-judgemental
- Interest in learning more about the issue of 'missing' and passionate about supporting vulnerable people
- Comfortable using computers
What this role can offer you
- A rewarding, humbling and unique volunteering experience where you can make a real difference
- Utilise your existing skills, or learn new ones, in communication and supporting vulnerable people
- Become part of our lovely team of fellow volunteers and staff
- Full training for the role will be provided, as well as opportunities for further training to develop your skills and knowledge
Location and availability
- Central office in south west London - SW14 7JE
- One four hour shift each week on a Saturday or Sunday at 10:00 - 14:00, 14:00 - 18:00 or 18:00 - 22:00
- We need volunteers to commit to this role for 12 months
If you would like to apply, please do so by Friday 6th April 2018.