Please note this volunteer role is not currently open for recruitment. However, please feel free to apply and we will contact you as soon as recruitment has opened.
What you’d be doing
As a helpline volunteer, you would be offering emotional and practical support over the phone to children, young people and adults who are affected by missing. This could include the loved ones of a missing person, someone thinking of leaving home, or someone who is missing.
- No prior helpline experience required
- Good communication, empathetic and non-judgemental
- Interest in learning more about the issue of ‘missing’ and passionate about supporting vulnerable people
- Comfortable using computers
- This role is available for volunteers aged 18+
What this role can offer you
- A rewarding, humbling and unique volunteering experience where you can make a real difference
- Utilise your existing skills, or learn new ones, in communication and supporting vulnerable people
- Training, support and travel expenses will be provided throughout you role
Location and availability
- Central Office in south west London – SW14 7JE
- Training for this role comprises of ten classroom sessions, ten online e-learning modules and four practical shifts. You’ll need to commit to roughly two months of training prior to starting the role.
- Once training for the role has finished, this would be a weekly commitment of one shift per week. This would be at either 10:00 – 14:00, 14:00 – 18:00 or 18:00 – 22:00, Monday – Sunday, depending on your availability
- We ideally need volunteers to commit to this role for at least 12 months
Apply to be a helpline volunteerApply now
If you have any questions about the role or other positions available, please contact our wonderful team via email@example.com