About Missing People
Missing People is a national charity that exists to ease the heartache experienced by those missing someone, and to help people who are away from home, find their way back to safety.
For every missing child, adult and family left behind find help, hope and a safe way to reconnect.
We provide free, confidential support, help and advice by phone, email, text and live chat, including the opportunity to reconnect. We also coordinate a UK wide network of people, businesses and media to join the search for the estimated 170,000 people who go missing each year.
Our work and services
- A free and confidential helpline, available 7 days a week for missing people and their families;
- Family support, including telephone counselling;
- Runaway Helpline, supporting children and young people who are away or thinking of leaving;
- Supporting missing people with returning and reconnection;
- Receiving anonymous sightings and passing to police;
- Case publicity to help families and police appeal and search for a missing person;
- Specialist ‘SafeCall’ service for children and young people, and their families, experiencing exploitation;
- Services, consultancy and training for professionals working with missing people and their families;
- Research into links between missing and specific issues;
- Campaigning and lobbying on behalf of missing people and their families;
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more about what we do, or supporting us, we would love to hear from you.Contact us